Zeusdoc company take the privacy and confidentiality of our clients, potential clients and ex-clients very seriously and we are committed to protecting it.
We may use your personal information:
- To contact you to discuss your enquiry using the contact details provided by you in our enquiry forms, claim forms or by email;
- to perform a contract, such as engaging with an individual or company to provide legal or other services;
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
How we collect your personal information
We collect and process your personal information in order to facilitate the provision of the professional service(s) for which you have instructed, or may instruct, us. The personal information you supply to us in connection with your claim may include: your name, address, contact details, date of birth, etc.
Your personal data will be held in electronic and/or manual format.
Why we collect your personal information
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- the provision of legal advice;
- the administration and management of your claim;
- the legitimate business purposes associated with the operating of a law firm, such as client satisfaction surveys and auditing;
- to provide services ancillary to your claim;
- to comply with any laws or regulations.
Sharing your personal information outside of Zeusdoc
We may need to communicate your personal information to other individuals or organisations to facilitate your claim. In facilitating your claim, we may also transfer your information to third parties providing us with support and administrative services for the more efficient processing of your claim and/or the legitimate business purposes associated with the operating of a law firm. Your details will be processed in each case in strict confidence and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any third party has sound security measures.
If after providing us with your personal information it becomes apparent we are unable to offer our service to you, we may, with your consent, pass your details to another company who may be able to assist you.
Accessing and updating your personal information
You have a number of legal rights over the personal information held by us. These include the right:
- to access your personal information held in our records, whether electronically or manually;
- to correct or update any personal information that you think is incorrect;
- to object to further processing, including stop receiving marketing material from us which you previously signed up for, by updating your marketing preferences;
- to ask us to delete your personal information. We will only be able to accommodate this request where it is no longer necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was provided or where we no longer have a lawful basis to process your personal information;
- to receive the personal information we hold about you in a portable format, however this need only be provided in limited circumstances where the processing has been done by automated means; and
- to ask us to stop processing your personal information in certain circumstances. Asking us to stop doing this may mean we are no longer able to provide you with legal services and impact your client retainer.
You should contact us should you wish to have access to this information or to update or complete any of our records pertaining to your personal information. Requests can be made to our email: [email protected]
For more information about this policy, or if you would like to make a complaint in relation to the way we process your personal information, please contact [email protected].
How long we keep your personal information
We will retain your personal information as long as it is reasonable and necessary for the purpose we have collected it in accordance with applicable laws, and our statutory obligations. We may also use your personal details to provide you with information about legal developments, news or events if you have subscribed to our newsletters, or to ask you to participate in a client satisfaction survey.
Transferring personal information overseas
Most of the personal information we hold on you will be used and stored in the EU servers. However, there may be instances where some or all of your personal information is transferred overseas as some or our operations and third-party providers are located outside of the EU. Where this occurs, we have taken steps to ensure that data is held securely.
We will keep your personal information confidential and will take appropriate measures to protect it against loss, theft or misuse and to safeguard your privacy.
Where you are provided with any confidential information (including a user ID or password), you must not disclose such information to any third party.
Updating this Policy
We may amend this policy at any time by either notifying you or posting a revised version on our website at https://zeusdoc.com.
If we make a change to this policy, we will take your continued use of our services after that date as your acceptance of the change, so if an amendment is not acceptable to you then you should stop using our services.